Sunday, October 31, 2010

Reflection of Task 3

 Since I have been little all I have ever wanted was money, money so I could buy things to make other people happy, and myself as well. From a fairly early age I knew the only way of obtaining a job was to become more educated than the average working class people. In high school i was a C student my first two years, my last two I was an A/B student. I have started slacking a little bit in my first year of college, having learned my lesson I hope to switch that around. Barba Jordan mentions that it's not a good idea for people to go to college if they dont have the want or desire to go, I do believe that she's right. I know what it's going to be like if I dont have have a college degree, so thats why I have the want to go to college, to be successful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Taylor,

    I'm happy that you are blogging a bit more (e.g. in length). Let's continue this if you will. Kudos for including an author and text in this. Is this something you intend to use for Task Three? If so, and from your last post, what you may discuss in Task Three is why you chose to come to college. If so, what essays do you think you could use to compare or contrast your experiences with? What comes to my mind is either Leon Botstein, Caroline Bird and/or Mary Sherry. I wonder if Sherry's essay would lend a helping hand to your story because of what she has to say in regard to the F word.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete