Thursday, September 9, 2010

"On Becoming a Chicano"

1. Define your racial identity. What struggles have you gone through? How are your experiences similar to those of Rodriguez?

I am partly Native American (Cherokee), and Caucasian. My struggles have been very limited, I have never had any serious problems, occasionly people might ask why my skin is dark or why my hair so dark. I belive having indian in me is a good reason why I have a good work ethic, common sense and good with my hands. I have never really had any expierences like Rodriguez, but like him I am proud to call myself a Native American..well partially anyways. Alot of times people think that I am Mexican because of how dark I am, but little things like that never seem to bother me much.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Taylor,

    What about the encounters with the author? Although you state that you have not had any struggles, how does this differ than with the author?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete